Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 8, 2013 Birthday on missions calls make for the BEST Birthdays!

So FIRST OFF:
THANK YOU family for all the gifts I LOVE you all soooo much and I feel very spoiled and grateful!
 
And you say hot weather?! Its been 70% humidity and will be making it up to 90-95 % humity making it 38 degrees! Literally every inch on body dripping beads of sweat while on our bikes! I feel like a warrior at the end of the day! At night I turn the shower to freezing cold and just stand there, we put bowls of ice infront of the fan at night to bring a little more cold air. Its crazy the heat! Yesterday It was 38 and then all the sudden I feel like Heavenly Father was like "okay sisters i love you and am aware that you're about to throw up" and like the biggest momentary rain storm came! it was aweosme! Sister Judd and i were sooooo happy! the rain was literally like we stood in a shower in our clothing and turned it on full throttle.  The sidewalk was steaming from the rain! But it was soooo refreshing and we loved it! Despite looking like drowned rats after ;)
 
So yet another great week FULL of learning ! and I am sooo happy to be on a mission because I am learning so much on how to be more patient and loving and this is something that I don’t have naturally. I was reading my patriarchle blessing this morning and it talks about how I need to prepare my self to establish a home where my kids can be nurtured, cared, supported and encouraged, and I know that a mission is helping me to become capable of doing that. And I am very grateful to be going through this all, because I don’t think I would of been blessed with the opportunity to make these changes otherwise.  Yes, it is hard but the MOST rewarding! BECAUSE "Missioanry work isn’t easy because salvation isn't cheap" BOOM - Elder Holland.
 
Alright so lets just begin from Monday forward shall we!
 
SO monday was Canada Day so we left the whole evening from 6-9 open to go to Victioria Park and contact people where the Canada Day festivities was taking place. And one thing - I love my missionary bubble and not being in the World at all.  We were able to talk to many many people whether they liked it or not! And set up quite a bit of appointments! We found this solid family for the Summerside Elders who live hr from Ctown and they are elect and prepared! So we were quite thrilled and excited about that!
 
Tuesday: We had district meeting and appointments all lined up but it was one of those days where apps kept falling through.  It’s okay we contacted alot of our referalls! and were able to meet with Bal and Anita- things are going good with them but they are having a hard time because there family is Hindu and well they were Hindu... so basically their family wont talk to them if they are baptized. And there is a Faith Bible church here where every Nepali person and their dog goes to.  So they are feeling like they would be more connected to Faith Bible but we are working with them and the ward in fellowshipping them and making them feel welcome and apart of the ward family. Language barrier is a bit of a stuggle but it is okay we have faith!
So Wednesday I went to Montigue with Sis Starkie- we are doing exchanges weekly now.  It was great and I learnt alot! In Charlottetown we started a BOM class every weds night at 7 and its great! Christain and Zack were able to come and learn and understood the BOM more!
So Thurs I was back in Charlottetown and it was great, it was a slower day but we were able to do quite a bit of knocking and meet with Bal and Anita.  It’s funny everyone here calls me Sister Pizzeys not Pizzey but Pizzeys. Then Friday we were started teaching a LA girl named Kesha who is 14 and her mom isnt a member.  We are going to start teaching her every week and we are really excited to work into meeting with her mother in the future!  We also were able to meet with Dale (who is from the Domincan) and he is awesome, he is a huge black guy and always is like "child!" with a black accent its great i love him! We were able to meet with Robert as well.  That lesson was awesome, Robert is a stellar investigator he is so excited about his baptism this SATERDAY at 7:30! We taught him more in detail about fast and fast offereings and we told him how fasting is 2 meals and he stopped us and was like "pffft two meals? noo! It should be 3 and im going to do 3" haha!" So we were able to have a great spiritual lesson and its amazing when the spirit just clicks in their minds during the lesson.  Although we keep saying it the spirit is what needs to clip and bear truth to them. So we were able to knock that evening and set up an app. with someone we knocked into and picked up as a investigator yesterday.  We met with Anita and Bal again.
 Saturday: We has a ward picnic, then Danielle and Roberts wedding, that was sure interesting! It was the most simple wedding I have been to - we just went to the ceremony didnt have time for the reception.  We were able to meet with Zackary and address his concerns. From What Robert, Zack, Christian have all expressed about churches in Africa, there are alot of crazy Apostate churches there!  They all have fears of being pursuaded and led away by praising man or mans church not Gods church (aka churches created b/c of Great Apostasy) So Zack and well Christian too both have concerns with that but it all comes down to reading the BOM and praying and gaining those spiritual expierences in knowing this is Gods church. No matter what we as missioanries say it truly comes down to recieving that answer from God. I explained how for 4 yrs my parents would tell me its true its true its true and I dwindled in unbelief until I took the time to sincerely pray and read.  And BOOM I have peace in heart and mind - this is available for everyone as simple as that! But things are going great and I love teaching them! Spirit is so strong in the lessons!
Then SUNDAY which was my BEST Birthday ever!- it didnt even really feel like my birthday but having a birthday serving a mission is the best way to celebrate my bday! First off fasting= miralces! I am going to fast once a week.... and YES I am serious. Its the best way to recieve strength,spiritual insights and be more intune with the spirit and I love it!  Yesterday I had a great fasting session. I really had an euphony  (dont know how to spell) but I realized that we need to love our differences and things that make us, us! Our uniqueness's. I realized this because Sister Judd and I are soooo different, but we both have the desire to be the best missionaries we can and be the best for the work here in Charlottetown.  But I learnt that our talents we both bring to the table compliment one another and to be myself and to keep teaching in the different unique way I do and same with Sister Judd. Our differences is what makes a strong companionship and allows whoever we come in contact with to relate with atleast one of us! In lessons I can be quite bold- especailly compared to older sisters and at times in my mind I may be like should i tone it down? So sometimes i do but I dont feel like im doing my very best at the end of each lesson, so this week I learnt to snap out of it! and to be myself and to be different and things have been going great! and same with Sis Judd the way she teaches is different from me but us two together being our different selves works great!
I have learnt sooo much this week and we are our greatest accomplishments! I love just taking all my inward thoughts and erasing them and focusing on the glory of God! Losing myself in the work is where I am truly finding myself. Myself in who I planned on being when I chose in the pre existance to come to this earth. So anyways enough of my tagent and yesterday was great! Sis Judd is such an example of serving she woke up and put nice cute sticky notes everywhere writing notes about me and things she likes then she wrote happy birthday all over! Then in Sunday school she told everyone it was my bday so they all sang happy birthday, then we were teaching Sis Henderson and Sis Judd told her it was my bday so she is having us over for a bbq and bday cake for belated birthday today ! haha I am too blessed and taken care of! So yes dont worry mom I was for sure taken care of and felt loved! And we also taught Yao the LA from China and she gave me a TY beanie rabbit that is praying as a bday gift! haha it was adorable, we also had an amazing lesson with Yao. It was great because week ago she said she wanted to leave the church to find truth due to being anti'd then this week she is going to fast on weds and we showed her this amazing vid. on lds.youth.org about finding truth.  It’ss great, it is about how in this world truth can be clouded and hard to find with all the distractions we have. She said at the end I need to put forth more effort (and we were like YES thats what we’ve been saying!!) But it didnt matter, we said it a billion times to her before this, it’s what the spirit needed to tell her and we were so happy that the Spirit was present and was able to do that. Then we were blessed with being able to pick up 2 new investigators! and One is a girl yes a GIRL I am sooo excited to have a girl to teach!  And we were able to meet with Christian and have a great spiritual filled lesson with him!
 
This week a guy we had a app. to teach with asked me if i could date him? yes over txt he did. yuck! So I simply explained "No im fully dedicating my time and life to building up Gods Church while on my mission" but I wanted to be like no! dummy my name says sister... SISTER Pizzey aka off limits! So we called the Elders and sent the Elders to that appointment :) haha.
 
I love being on a mission and I have soooo much peace from keeping the commandments of God and reading the BOM each day, this is Gods true church. I have come to the conclusion that this gospel, this Church that I am representing as a missionary and bringing to invite others in Charlottown town to learn and pray about is either 100% true or 100% fulse. There is no gray area! And I LOVE it. The BOM is sooo true, it strengthens me , calms me, brings happiness, and sooo much more everytime I read from it, I feel soooo spiritually fed! It is such a gift and ablessing in our lives. And I know that with the BOM being true that this gospel is true. this church is true. There is no way that missionary work would be happy and rewarding, and that through praying constantly day by day 24/7 that we would be led by God in this work, being instruments in bringing forth the kingdom of God to the children of men! There is no way if this Gospel was not true that any of this work, happiness everything pertaining to this church would exist or be possible! The Feild is white already to harvest! And the time is NOW and the Lord is bringing forth his work, bringing for the salvation of men unto all His children, the time is NOW everyone and we best not procrastinate the day of our repentance! Repent daily! And have faith! So we can all partake of the blessings and happiness that we planned to have when coming to this Earth!
 
A talk that I read this week from this past conferece " Personal Peace the Reward of Rightousness"- this talk puts perfectly peace that comes from righteous living!
 
I LOVE you all soooo much ! Thank you for making me feel sooo loved!
LOVE
Sister Pizzey, xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment