Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 7, 2014 - Great Day ... My Birthday!!

I DELIGHT IN THE GOODNESS OF MY GOD!
Every day we recite OUR COMMISSION: ``I am called of God, my authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master, and He has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in His place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is His voice, my acts are His acts, my commission is to do what He wants done, to say what He wants said. To be a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ in word and and in deed by the divinity of His great and marvellous work. How great is my calling!!``
And I just know that if two missionaries live our commission in their hearts, they are just bound to get along! I love it and our calling is SO GREAT! It is amazing and I love it. The gospel is such a blessing, how many people go through relationship problems, marriages that are disintegrating, and there is  a silver bullet from God to fix it all... it is The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it and I love it and it is for us all to feast upon! How great is this knowledge we have! I love bringing this to all of Gods children, because where would we be without it?! We would be no where!! ... we are indebted to Him".
This is a piece of my weekly letter to President Leavitt:
This week I learnt that it can be quite hard to recognize weaknesses but pride is the ultimate barrier that creates tension in any relationship. This week as been humbling and I am so grateful for all that I am learning. It is hard but I would not trade any of this because in the end it is amazing!!"
 
I have never had a companion like Sister Echols. She is interesting but I know the the Lord is in control in this work. And that I am learning things I am suppose to learn on my mission serving with her. I love her. And have been praying to see her in Christ's eyes. I am learning to be gracious, not to always be right, and learning to speak in a softer way so it uplifts her. I am learning on not allowing others moods to effect me. And I am learning and desire to become better to see the light not the darkness. See the glass half full not half empty.
I know I am serving with her to have her change me. So grow in many areas that I have deep with in me. We have seen miracles when I woke up Wednesday morning I woke up early and was studying, and I read the article about "Becoming perfect through Christ" in this months Ensign. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I recommend all to read it! I invited Sister Echols to read it, afterwards we both let our walls down respected one another and have been getting along great. She is happy and so am I. IT WAS A MIRACLE!! Truly a miracle an answer to my prayers and hers I am sure as well!! We have been loving it since.
 
This week we taught the Whalen's over skype, as well we began teaching Erica's mom Kim.  We put her on date for Aug 19. She has said that ever since we have been around her life has changed so much for the better ... She prays all the time, and desires to change her habits and is preparing to be baptised!! I just know I am here for this family!! I know it and we just connect I know I am still here in this area for her!
Debbie is great we are preparing her for July 26th to be baptised. She has already planned it out. We have all of our lessons scheduled with her from now until then. She wants someone to baptise her where it would be real special for them.  She said, " I want a priesthood holder to baptise me where it would be his first time, where it would be just as special for him as for me!" So Brandon Webber a Recent Convert from April will be!! She is so elect like how great is she!!!
Pam moved this week she moved home to Cape Breton, till August 1s then she will be moving to Calgary. So Mom and Dad you should go meet her when she moves!! The missionaries in the ward where her home town is said that she got up and bore a great testimony.  They said it is inspiring to see a RC that is so converted. She also got up in Relief Society as well and bore her testimony about the temple and how excited she is to live around a temple in Calgary... i just love her!!
We have 10 sisters in our zone this transfer, sister’s got put in Dartmouth again which is exciting!! A lot more visits and organizing sometimes there is so much time managing to do, we have a call every night of the week and sometimes I am just like"ahhh how do we do this all!?!" so much responsibility but then I remember that this is not our work its the Lords work. He is in control. He works through us imperfect people. His work will go forth boldly nobly and independent - no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing!! That me myself can not to do it, but I must fear not or doubt not, because for with God nothing shall be impossible! I must have faith and trust in Him and know that whatever He calls me to do I can do it, as I rely on the atonement of Christ!!
I love my companion and I am learning to allow charity to possess me, it is not something we possess, and there is no flash in the pan results of developing charity, it isn't something we just do, it is an attribute we must allow to possess us - charity is a state of being.
 
I love my mission I bear my testimony that this is Christ' church. I know he restored it through Joseph Smith. I love the Book of Mormon I know it is inspired scripture from our loving Father in Heaven. I get emotional about my love of the Book of Mormon, it has changed my life. Reading the Book of Mormon turns off my natural man. I hate my natural man, but I love who Christ's gospel turns me into.  I know we are all Gods children and we must put off all selfish things and serve Him, put Him first and we will be forever blessed. These things are true, we should have daily contact with the Book of Mormon. It is a blessing not a burden.
I love you all and I thank you for all you do, for you prayers, support and guidance. I attended the temple this week. Sister Starkie has been transferred away from serving around me, she and I have served around one another our whole mission I just have felt like we have been companions. We were able to sit down in the sealing room with one another and talk, we teared up about how grateful we are for one another, for the Leavitt's and all our mission friends. We have changed one another's lives. I know we were suppose to serve around one another. We are perfectly happy with giving up our pasts and embracing our friends that we are all just like "Sons of Mosiah" with one another.  This mission is a miracles in our lives and the lives we have taught!!
I have given up 18 months in exchange of a change of eternities- how great is our calling!!
"O Lord, I have trusted in thee and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh: -2Nephi 4:34
this has been one of the greatest things I have learnt <3
 
I love you all and I hope the magnitude of the spiritual experiences I have had this week makes sense in this letter because I love sharing these precious moments with you all!!
xoxox,
love,
Sister Pizzey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment