Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11, 2013

And one thing side note: falls here are sooo beautiful! Like in AB we don't have falls that is just a fact; compared to these falls there is no fall in Alberta just summer spring and winter! haha. Like we literally have no snow and no coldness yet!
Sis. Aslett and Paige love
serving together!

Alrighty, alrighty so lets begin on this crazy week!! It has been a freaking tough week! But it is okay I love my companion and we are having the time of our lives and nothing is going to get us down; dispite the down falls and trials that have been placed in our hands this week.  We still have been able to smile and laugh and not let these things get us down.  Just like Alma and the sons of Mosiah we are "bearing patience with all manner of afflictions" :).... and mom don't stress or worry it comes with the role of being a missionary- I am doing great and am just character building!

OKayyy so I am just going to go day by day;

Monday evening we were able to meet Kate here and go over the baptismal interview questions. President Leavitt interviewed them bother over skype.  Tanya was first things went great! So it was wonderful! Whoo hoo! Kate and Tanya are able to be baptised this Friday with one another and they both were looking forward and were very excited.  Kate sent us text messages like 3 paragraph ones thanking us for teaching her and saying that we inspire her.  President Leavitt said that Kate thinks we walk on water haha. Then that evening Sister Aslett and I went and knocked in Wolfville, knocked into a lady whose husband is from England and is a LA member! PERFECT, we weren't able to get in and teach but we will be stopping by again.

So Tuesday: we had a lesson with Thomas with a member (thomas is a 19yr who we started teaching last week- very humble and willing to experiment to see if there is a God through acting upon our message) President Leavitt came and had in person interviews with us on Tuesday he is a wonderful Mission President and I am so grateful for him!

So Wednesday:  We started first thing in the morning by teaching a guy named Cameron Johnson he is 23 and from the Bahamas! Then we had correlation meeting with the ward mission leader Bro Hudson, then we decided to go stop by Kate's since we have not heard from her.  Unfortunately it wasn't the best visit.  President has been very supportive and helped us feel alot better.  It saddens me to see her struggle with being able to enjoy the complete blessings of the gospel in her life. All we can do is pray for her and boy oh boy just being a missionary prepare for parenting!! Literally felt and still some what feel sick to my stomach for her; and mom and dad while I was feeling this way all i could think was wow I was such a brat to my parents because I definitely I put you through these similar feelings!! Funny how things have its way of sorting its self out! But look at your faith and where it has led things to from now till today and I know it can do the same for Kate one day!
Weds evening we are able to pick up 1 new investigator so at the end of the new day we are blessed with  2 new investigators!

Thursday: We had our last lesson with John before he leaves home to Barbados! We had a lesson with Thomas again and it was a very spiritual lesson where we taught him so much

Friday : Tanya's baptism it was probably one of the most amazing baptisms she was just glowing and so excited the whole time!  We picked up a new Chinese investigators! We are teaching two Chinese people at the time being and one of them who will be making us Chinese food tonight and having us over for dinner! 

Saturday: We taught Gage and his girlfriend it went great! His mother is LA and we were able to teach them all and address his mothers concerns. Gage has a testimony and is very Spiritual, his gf is unsure.  I have faith they will be baptised one day though!

Yesterday at church the Bishop asked to meet with us; he reassured us that we are doing well and that the ward is getting more and more excited and involved, due to the missionary work being done.  It was very thoughtful and we very much appreciated it.  The Gospel principles teacher called us an hr before church and said she was sick and asked if we could teach so I taught my first gospel principles Sunday school class! It was on the sacrament!! It went really well!! Was blessed with having lots of participation in the class! We were able to contact and invite 288 people this week!! It was great!

We will be going on visits this Tuesday to Wednesday with the Halifax YSA sisters! I get to have dinner at Erica's house while on visits and teach her, I am quite excited for that! Then next week we will be having visits with the Halifax Family ward sisters. I look forward to helping the sisters out as their areas are struggling.  They only have been contacting 100 ppl on average a week and not getting best numbers!  I just want to love them and lead by example. I know that I am so inadequate to this calling, just as I am as a missionary but through Christ I can do all things!! I have a firm strong testimony in the enabling power of the atonement!

We are in a growing stage but I have faith that we are on the brink of something amazing! I know the Lord is preparing many and that despite the down falls, the adversary is not going to get in the way of the momentum of this great and marvellous work!! I know this is the Lords work! WE are the Lords work!
I started reading the New Testament this week ! and That is AMAZING a WHOLE new conversion level!!! I LOVE reading Christ's words and what he says; it is amazing to read and listen and learn about Christ's character. Just really helps me see how much there is to become in this life so that one day we can be like him! I love this gospel and I love our Savoir Jesus Christ's example and all that he does for me. He live and loves us and we all can Be perfected through him so that one day we can be like him and recognize Him as our Lord Savior Jesus Christ.
If you haven't read the New Testament I would strongly suggest it, I feel like I have procrastinated. So many more blessings in store from reading such a marvellous volume of scripture to strengthen us and bring us closer to our Father in Heaven.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

LOVE
Sister Pizzey
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment