Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 18, 2014

 
This week has been absolutely fantastic!! We saw miracles! Like everyday just miraculous things that just really made it so clear that we are instruments in the Lords hands and are so blessed to be taking part in this great and marvellous work!!
This is the best time of my time here in Cole Harbour we are truly reaping what has been sowed this past few months!
We were able to see great blessings this week, and well here is my letter to President, I just don't even know where to begin describing this week!
 
"Self: This week has been amazing week, I am so grateful to be here, to be serving in the ward, to be serving with my companion and just to be here on my mission. I love the gospel, and I know we are doing the Lords work! This week I have been focussing on being in the present I came across a quote that really has lead to a great study this week and great reflection; "if you are depressed you are looking in the past, if your anxious your are looking too much in the future, live in the present and have hope." The natural man is not positive, hopeful and faith-filled, it is such a blessing to have the atonement of Christ to cleanse us from all negativity and fill us with hope, peace and faith. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I love how much God is aware and loves us! I have been keeping in my mind Isaiah 55:8-9 "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" I know that this is the Lords work, and it is essential to know His will and to act and do it! Prayer is how I have come to grow to understand the Lords will and forget my agenda and just figure out Gods will and just do it!! The past few days I have grown to have a prayer that consists of "holy communication and consecrated work" and I know that I must continue in diligence by being consistent in these things.

Area:Last week Sister Howell and I set some goals that were a stretch but we felt so right about them! We just saw this week everything unfold the way Heavenly Father planned for it to be! We truly saw miracles and we just stand all amazed to be able to take part in this! We have some amazing people we have met and committed to prepare to be baptised this week, last night at 8:30 PM we had a member out working with us, and we just had some LA's to stop by; we ended up picking up a LA's husband as a new investigator and will be teaching them both again today! They are both from the Philippines and just moved her a year ago, we found the LA by being referred to her and she just so badly wants her husband to join the church! We are seeing great blessings, and I know its because we are working as one with the members and that the Lord has a great work to go forth in this area and ward!

Companion: Sister Howell is great, we love serving with one another, and we are just seeing great blessings. I am learning alot from her she is very mature and calm. She works in a way where she can respond and make decisions by the spirit. She is great!"
We reached all of our goals that we set this week, and we were able to commit Carlene to prepare to be baptised on September 13th. We have moved Debbie's baptismal date back to Sept 6th as her neck is not healing, and we began teaching a 26 yr old guy name Leroy who is preparing to be baptised on Sept 13!
We had three investigators at church, Carlene's daughter came who is 11 yrs and she loved it! We hard hoping to get Grace (Carlene's daughter) to prepare to be baptised with her. They all enjoyed church and Carlene as she was leaving, just expressed so much gratitude for how grateful she is to have met us, and have these blessings in her life.
 
So Monday night we had a lesson at a members home, where we taught our investigator Adrianne she is progressing slowly, but her daughters attend Faith in God with the misner family, so they love church, and the Misner family is who introduced us to Adrianne. Adrianne leads the worship at the her baptist church so she won't be able to attend church till September has she has committed to do that till then. We picked up 4 new investigators this week and we picked up Ugena who is 24 and we hope to see her some time this week!
On Tuesday we had a church tour with Carlene and we had a member there with her daughter Nikki and we had Carlenes son Ben who is 4 and off the walls and her daughter Grace.  It was a great tour and we began teaching Grace as well!
Then we taught Debbie on Wednesday, with a member and she is progressing quite well, she went to Ontario for the weekend, then we took the new missionaries out with us.  I had a brand new sister working with me for that evening, as well we had 4 other sisters this week working with us this week in our area due to transfers, it was hectic!
Thursday night we had a lesson with Carlene at the Misners house, and the kids were able to play as we focused on Carlene, prior to this lesson we committed her to watch the resto dvd and she loved it.  We went over the restoration and committed her to Sept 13! She accepted it was amazing!! I know she will be baptized I have faith!
Saturday we had a ward activity where we were picking up garbage with the ward down at fisherman's cove, along the boardwalk, Carlene and Grace came.  We all were wearing our mormon helping hands vests! As we were at the activity sister Howell and I were walking past this guy and he was at the front of a group of people and we just could not help but to stop him and be like "HI!" haha SO we stopped him and we talked and turns out he met with missionaries like 6 mnths prior in Halifax for like 1.5 yr. So we talked with him and it turns out he had only slept for 2 hrs that night because he was up all night because he had a question he had from the bible he didn't understand and that it really stressed him out.... so we looked at him and were like"ok Leroy so you couldn't sleep and you decided to go for a walk and boom you came to a place where all these mormons are cleaning randomly.... what more could God show you?!" haha it was funny so we ended up teaching him couple hours later on in the day. Leroy brought his bible and french Bookof Momron as he is from Montreal and we opened up in the bible where he was confused and read Matt 12:24-32. We were able to read in 2 Nephi 31:14. he saw how the BOM answers questions and clarifies truths taught in the Bible. It was amazing! So he asked us "well how do you believe we can be save?" So I said "well why don't we just read what God says about that in the BOM" so we flipped open to 2 Nephi 31:5-21 it answers his question and he says he never has been baptised before so we commit him to be baptised for Sept 13th!!It was amazing such a miracle and we invite him to church and he came yesterday!
Then last night we had SISter Patti Devlin come out with us, we just booked a 1.5hr with her for her to come contact LAs with us, and well we had a LA on our mind Merry Christ is her name. We met her a couple weeks ago and crazy thing is she is not on the ward list.  We met her because two days in a row two different people gave her address and number as a referral.  The first day we went to her house and the apartment doors we could not get into, and then the second day when another person referred us to her, (who both were not members) we just were like "ok this is nuts! definitely not a coincidence!" so we prayed and headed to the apartment and wahhh!! The apartment doors were both held wide open by two huge bricks and no one else was around! crazy?!? I know! So we go in and meet her (this was two weeks ago) Merry explained how she so badly wants her husband to join and she was going to serve a mission in the Philippines as that is where they both moved from  a year ago. So we go and knock on their door last night at 8:30 PM and we end up teaching Bio, her NM husband. And we had a great lesson, he has read anti and has some concerns but I have faith and I just pictured him months down the road bearing his testimony of how much he gave the sisters a hard time and how he knows this is true! I am so excited for them and can not wait for them both to have the blessings of the gospel in their family as they have two kids!
 
It was a miracle this week and I know it was all because this truly is the Lords work! Faith precedes all miracles!
 
I feel so alive and ready for what ever the Lord has in store!
I hope you all have a great week and I just love the thought of living in the present and having hope this idea has changed my week, and removed all feelings of anxiety about the future.
I know that all things will come together, and I am hopeful about the future and all that is in store!
I love you all and have a great week, I will be bearing my testimony this week at my last zone conference seems very surreal!
These are the best moments of my life and the days that will never be forgotten!
Ah I wish i had more time to write and share my experiences about things I have learnt but just know the atonement is real, I love Jesus Christ, and never have I come to know of my Heavenly Father and His Son more in my life than right now, and each day I can choose to make that relationship better and stronger all through prayer and faith and action!
I love this gospel I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and they are real and can be very involved in our lives if we so but choose to allow them to!
Love,
 sister Pizzey xoxo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment