Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 11, 2014

So we recieved transfer news this week and I will be staying in the Cole Harbour ward, to be honest I was little just like wow 6 transfers in a area, what left is there to do? I feel I have done everything I can think of- change can be nice, new people, new faces, it just gets me amped up and motivated to work even harder, so to be honest first reaction opening up transfer letter was like really?
Haha. Just coming to the end of my mission I want change, something new and different but after lowering my pride and forgetting my will and praying, I feel great and have come to see it is a blessing to be in an area and ward that I just know so well.  We are teaching some amazing people and the ward is on fire. I was a little confused about transfer news because Sister Sandberg and I on Tuesday both got asked to extend, then President Leavitt never mentioned any word since or did not mention any word in the transfer call to us, so we are just kind of in limbo we both are staying in our areas but have some sort of idea what will be happening and still don't fully know so we just are like hmmmm??
It is really easy to get anxious about the future a fear of the unknown. I have faith that things will work out but I am continually reminding myself to just forget myself and go to work. It is funny because a new missionary in their mind they think of home and feel homesick and are having to forget them self and go to work and focus their heart on here in the mission.  And now for me, my feelings of going home, I get anxious of ysa, digressing from this spiritual high of 18 months, just many fears, and I am having to remind myself to forget my fears and inward thinking and look outward and just "come what may and love it." President Hinckley gave a great quote "save your fork the best is yet to come" and I am just working on having an increase of faith, hope and trust.
 
We are hoping Debbie will be healed and her neck will be able to get well my August 23rd we may have to move it back, we had a lesson with her last night and she bore a powerful testimony of how much this gospel has changed her life. It brought me to tears, she expressed so much gratitude for us and how us coming in her life has changed everything. It was very heartfelt testimony, afterwards I painted the picture to her and showed her how it is not us, it is the Lord in her life Matt 11:28-30 that we all are the Lords hands he uses all of us to carry out His work.
We are teaching an amazing lady named Andrea, she is amazing, she was atheist when we began teaching her, but now believes in God and is coming to believe in Christ as we teach her through the BOM about Christ. It was amazing lesson we had with her, she had some questions about Jesus Christ and how that is possible.  She is quite smart, has a 6 and 8 yr old girl has masters in political sciences and will be getting her doctorate in the fall.  She just did her thesis and will defending it which sounds nuts!! Dad did you have to do a thesis? and defend it for 3 hours? But it was amazing because we answered her questions through the scriptures, the spirit was so strong and I really gained a testimony of Alma 37:6  "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." We read in John 1 when it is speaking of Jesus Christ, as we read she stopped and asked "wait was there a pre-mortal existence?" we taught that and how Christ was foreordained to be our Redeemer.  We gave her a wonderful talk to read as well, it is amazing the words of Christ will convert the anyone that is humble and willing to listen. We also read Hebrews 1. It was amazing lesson ...
 
I want you all to know that I love you very much. I can not wait to see you again. I am so grateful for the amazing family you are, when I talk about the sadness and sorrow, and fear of returning home it refers to me personally in spirituality and sadness of representing Christ at all times as a missionary.  I know my tag will always be on my heart. But I just wanted to clarify that so you can know how much I love you as my parents and siblings, you have been with me 100% of the way throughout my mission, you are my best friends, and I am so grateful. I have been born with great parents, my heart is so full, my mission has changed me to be alot more softer and sensitive. This is sacred time for me that it is so personal and what a blessing it is to be sharing these moments with you all. It brings me to tears and warms my heart at the thought of seeing you all again and growing with one another spiritually.  I think on Sunday nights we should read the scriptures with one another as a big clan; how powerful would that be?! SO POWERFUL!!
I have felt an overwhelming feelings of gratitude for being a Mormon this week, I love this gospel I love how much Jesus Christ has transformed me, I am a Mormon, I know it, I live it, I love it!!
"surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise" Alma 37:45 <3
I love you all and God bless
Sister Pizzey xoxox
Alma 34:38
 

No comments:

Post a Comment