Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 6, 2014 - Last email!!! Home in a week!

It is so weird to think that this is my last preparation day... well actually next Monday I will be travelling home and it will be a Monday and I will still be a missionary so technically that will be my last preparation day. 
I feel being a travelling missionary has really prepared me to be ready to come home, to be travelling from area to area, not having my companion Sister Sandberg with me as she is in Nova Scotia, not having an area, no investigators in a sense the missionaries and their area is my focus, so it is kind of like in a way "weaning" me out of the field... wow that sounds depressing haha. 
But is it really is different. 
General Conference was exactly what I needed, all my questions I had coming in from how to seek a balanced life to career were answered. It was amazing!! I know that the prophet and the apostles are inspired men because everything they say are just right on the mark of what I needed to hear, and its not just that way for me it is for all of us! Throughout conference I was making a list of goals I want to do when I am home, I have a list of about 19 goals. I really liked the idea that was expressed about sustaining and supporting our leaders following the prophet and apostles and church leaders, about the importance of studying the essential daily fundamental points of the gospel, about sincere and meaningful prayer. I loved M Russell Ballard's talk a lot, as well I loved the man who was talking about good better best and careers and what not, I loved the over all theme about motherhood and families. I feel I have learned so much from my mission, now is the real test it is the time to apply all these skills and lessons I have learned.
I really desire to be a better family member, to be a peace maker, to encourage and use kind words of love and respect to you all. I want to be a temple worker, I want to volunteer somewhere once a week, I want to set a curfew :), I want to get up at the same time everyday, I want to continue to improve in being a kind, loving, patient disciple of Jesus Christ, I want to do family history every Sunday start preparing names to bring to the temple, there are many goals and thoughts that I can talk to you all next week.
 
So this week I was in CBS till Thursday afternoon, that was a  great visit in that area with those sisters, then I was in St. Johns with Sister Lambert.. it is really actually quite hard to remember to call her that. Randomly I will just accidentally call her Emily... haha awkward. I actually accidentally did that talking about her to President Leavitt about her over the phone. I was in St. Johns for 24 hrs, I wish I was there longer but I had a appointment with the Whalen's Friday night and then they ended up cancelling when I arrived there which was too bad because if I would of known I would of stayed in St. Johns to help Sister M and Sister L.  It was a great visit with them though and I was able to really help them. It was quite a special experience serving with Sister Lambert. She will be a great missionary.
 
I have been in Bay Roberts since Friday night, I will be leaving here shortly as the sisters here are the STL for NFLD and they are great. I really feel I don't have much training to do for them, it has been nice serving with them and seeing great miracles here. I am guessing I will be taking the bus to Cornerbrook tomorrow then serving and training the sisters there.
 
To be quite honest I just feel really grateful to be out here, I love you all and I can't wait to see you all in  a week.  It is quite surreal, I feel like a completely different person from the time you last saw me, I thank you all for your support. I look forward to sharing with you all my mission stories.  I truly know that daily decisions determine destiny. It is a decision to make joy and happy moments, I look forward to serving you all and being a better daughter, friend and sister.
 
This is a peace of my letter to PL
" It is certainly interesting writing my last letter to you... I have a lot of mixed feelings! General Conference was certainly amazing it was the perfect thing for me to hear that helped me receive answers to many questions I came in with and as well a greater perspective as I am preparing to return home next week. I am just so beyond grateful for this experience to have served here in this mission, it is sad to me to be seeing this amazing 18 well 19 months of my life come to a close. My mission has truly changed me, has allowed me to come to know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in a way that I don't think I could have without these many amazing experiences. I thank you for all you have done, you and Sister Leavitt have changed my life and I will always remember you both throughout my whole life; as you once said before, these truly are the days never to be forgotten! I have loved being able to train the sisters out here in NFLD I look forward to serving with all my heart might mind and strength this last week and training the sisters in Cornerbrook. It is hard to put into words the blessing my mission has been.  It is something I expected coming into the mission field, but I know the best is yet to come ... my mission has helped me just begin my lifelong path of discipleship! I am grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to assist and take part in His great and marvellous Latter-day work- how great is our calling!"
 
 
I know this is the Gods Church here on this earth my mission has taught me valuable life lessons and I have met some valuable life long eternal friends.  I have learned about forgetting myself and going to work, I have learned about obedience, discipline and the heavenly virtue of patience. I love the Book of Mormon with all my heart, and I desire to continue to grow, step out of my comfort zone, reach out to others, forget myself not to be selfish and just serving the Lord and Heavenly Father and His children. It is hard to put into words.
 
I feel like how I felt before I left on my mission; excited for the obstacles ahead, for the lessons to learn, the people to meet, excited to follow the Lord with all my heart, might , mind and strength but at the same time just as I was fearful entering the mission field in regards to fears of being able to teach someone or not, knowing the right scriptures to use or being able to use my scriptures at all and know them I feel that exact same with the unknown that lies ahead! But I am going to do as I did at the start of the 19 month journey here; just set my fears aside, recognize that I have many weaknesses but as I trust in the Lord with all my heart, look to serve others things will unfold in their right way and timing. As I exercise my faith, and grow and act in confidence I will be happy just as I have here. I am looking forward to what lies ahead and I am ready to put into action all the many things that I have learnt from my mission and continue in being a valiant daughter of God, one who is a light to others and leads others to glorify God, quite simply for His glory not my own. 
 
I love this gospel, I love being a missionary and these days on my mission I feel have felt like a dream, I just want to be pinched sometimes because all these experiences have been too good to be true, but the real catch is that THEY ARE TRUE!
 
I am sorry for the lack of details... but HEY I will fill ya'll in on EVERYTHING in a week!!
I LOVE YOU!
thanks for your support.
Love,
Sister Pizzey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment